Why CBT for Phobias?
But it’s not always possible to avoid certain phobias, such as a fear of flying. In such cases, it’s advisable to get professional help and advice to find out about treatment options. CBT for phobias is recognised as a talking therapy which is recognised as being particularly effective.
Most phobias are curable, but no single treatment is guaranteed to work for all phobias. In some cases, a combination of different treatments may be recommended.
A phobia is an anxiety disorder where you have a deep-rooted, irrational fear of something that generally speaking poses little or no threat to you, such as –
- Situational Phobias such as Flying, Confined Spaces, Driving, Dentists, Bridges & Tunnels
- Natural/Environmental Phobias such as Storms, Thunder, Water, Dark, Heights
- Animal Phobias such as Spiders, Dogs, Snakes, Insects, Rodents
- Blood/Injection/Injury Phobias such as Blood, Needles, Germs, Surgery
- Other Phobias such as Vomit, Illness, Death, Loud Noises
The list of phobias stretches into the hundreds but whatever is stopping you from living your life to the full, I can help you.
How we use CBT for Phobias
Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT) with hypnosis to give your overworked mind the tools it needs to remedy its own stresses and feelings of anxiety. It focuses on the most up-to-date theories and techniques of hypnotherapy, psychology, psychotherapy and neuroscience to reverse the feelings of stress and anxiety as well as allowing you to understand what I do and why I do it. CBT for phobias can help you.
CBH is evidence-based, in that there are clinical studies validating its effectiveness as a treatment for stress and anxiety and what I do here at Behavioural Freedom is to work with you to help you make positive and lasting changes to the way you think and act. I will also look to identify the underlying causes of what makes you stressed or anxious so that in time, you will become free of the unwanted behaviours that negatively affect how you live your life.
CBH is a fully integrated approach to treatment of stress and anxiety and increasingly, it is becoming the dominant approach to clinical hypnosis.
Cognitive Behavioural Hypnotherapy is recommended by the National Institute for Health and Clinical Excellence (NICE) for the treatment of stress and anxiety.
The benefits to you of using CBH (backed up by solid evidence and comprehensive research) are immediate –
- The addition of hypnotherapy to CBT has been proven to shorten treatment times
- Hypnosis enables you to see things more vividly in your ‘mind’s eye’
- Hypnosis solidifies the relationship and builds rapport between you and your therapist
- You can learn to ‘self-hypnotise’ by inducing a deep state of relaxation
- Under hypnosis, you have an increased opportunity of receiving and understanding the suggestions your therapist makes to free you from unwanted behaviours
Interested in learning more about CBT for Phobias – Please contact me today to start the journey back to behavioural freedom.